Social Media Strategy
Why revamp your social media strategy?
A strong social media plan allows institutions incredible reach and influence on prospective students at a significantly lower cost than traditional advertising. Not only does it provide you the opportunity to connect directly with your key audiences, but it can provide vital insights into their behavior and motivations.
- On which channels should we post and how often?
- How should we structure our social media accounts?
- How do we engage with our community?
- How do we streamline social media across different departments/users?
- Who should we target on social?
- How do we measure success?
- How do we establish and communicate a school-wide social media policy?
- How do we handle a social media crisis?
- Who should manage our social media accounts?
How we can help:
Social Media Strategy
- Determine which platform(s) are best for each stakeholder audience
- Evaluate timing and frequency of posts for each platform
- Recommend social media tools for monitoring and posting to simplify the process
- Determine how to leverage available content to create impactful social campaigns
- Faculty research
- Alumni and student testimonials
- Timely in the news and awards articles featuring faculty, alumni and students
- Create unique strategies for prospective students, current students, alumni and other target audiences
- Ascertain the best structure for your social team including skills, roles, and needs
- Establish brand guidelines for social use across the school
- Preparation and training on how to respond to a social media crisis
- Review faculty research and press releases to strategize how to leverage thought leadership on social channels
- Develop ads that are interesting and impactful
- Review video usage on your channels
- Explore opportunities for content partnerships (e.g., media outlets, professional organizations, etc.)
Social Media ROI Planning
- Assess current social activity -- identifying strengths and opportunities
- Configure tagging on social media activity for tracking actionable analytics
- Provide a Google Analytics tutorial on installing tracking code and interpreting Dashboard data
- Establish guidelines on tracking metrics that reflect the greatest impact in social media (hint: generally, it’s not “likes”)
- Set specific, measurable, attainable, and relevant goals for your school