Social Media Strategy
Why revamp your social media strategy?
A strong social media plan allows institutions incredible reach and influence on prospective students at a significantly lower cost than traditional advertising. Not only does it provide you the opportunity to connect directly with your key audiences, but it can a provide vital insights into their behavior and motivations.
- On which channels should we post and how often?
- How should we structure our social media accounts?
- How do we engage with our community?
- How do we streamline social media across different departments/users?
- Who should we target on social?
- How do we measure success?
- How do we establish and communicate a school-wide social media policy?
- How do we handle a social media crisis?
- Who should manage our social media accounts?
How we can help:
Social Media Strategy
- Determine which platform(s) are best for each stakeholder audience
- Evaluate timing and frequency of posts for each platform
- Recommend social media tools for monitoring and posting to simplify the process
- Determine how to leverage available content to create impactful social campaigns
- Create unique strategies for prospective students, current students, alumni and other target audiences
- Ascertain the best structure for your social team including skills, roles, and needs
- Establish brand guidelines for social use across the school
- Preparation and training on how to respond to a social media crisis\
- Review faculty research and press releases to strategize how to leverage thought leadership on social channels
- Develop ads that are interesting and impactful
- Review video usage on your channels
- Explore opportunities for content partnerships (e.g., media outlets, professional organizations, etc.)
Social Media ROI Planning
- Assess current social activity -- identifying strengths and opportunities
- Configure tagging on social media activity for tracking actionable analytics
- Provide a Google Analytics tutorial on installing tracking code and interpreting Dashboard data
- Establish guidelines on tracking metrics that reflect the greatest impact in social media (hint: generally, it’s not “likes”)
- Set specific, measurable, attainable, and relevant goals for your school