Online Discussion Boards
Why use discussion boards?
- Convenience for clients and participants - access at a favorable time and on a device of choice.
- Participants create a staggering amount of strategic information using a flexible and familiar format.
- Collect both individual perspectives and group discussions.
- Group thinking is eliminated - all voices heard equally for each topic.
- Monitor, probe and report in real time.
- Eliminate or reduce recruiting costs.
- Inexpensive to scale and extend studies.
Common questions about online discussion boards:
- How many focus groups should we have?
- Should we use focus groups, in-depth interviews or online discussion boards?
- Why should we use online discussion boards instead of traditional focus groups?
- How many participants and/or groups should we have?
- How long should we keep the study open?
- Can we ask both qualitative and quantitative questions?
- How can we recruit for discussion boards?
- Should we reveal our brand, or should we keep brand anonymous?
- Should individual responses be visible to all other respondents?
- Can we view responses in real-time and pose follow-up questions from the back room?
How we can help:
We can guide you through design, recruiting, data collection and most of all, deliver powerful insights. Percept Research consultants provide:
- Consultation to identify primary and secondary study objectives.
- Research design to address objectives and uncover other relevant unknown insights.
- Recruitment guidance for sample selection, segmentation and screening criteria.
- Discussion guide development that breaks the ice, builds rapport and stimulates conversation.
- Skillful moderation that probes for clarity, eliminates bias, and ensures all opinions are heard.
- Conversational tone and format that encourages participation and idea sharing.
- Participant interaction guidance with specific group members as well as the entire group.
- Introduce general or specific topics in message board format that allows participants to lead conversations.
- Data exports in traditional transcript format, word clouds, heat maps and charts.
- Data analysis and presentation that highlights conclusions and recommendations based on study objectives.
- Actionable recommendations and solutions based on consensus results.
- Guidance on action items implementation and best practices.